Smackdown Books 2021

Ordinary Hazards
We Dream of Space
If These Wings Could Fly
We Are Not Free
The King of Jam Sandwiches
All Thirteen: The Incredible Cave Rescue of the Thai Boys' Soccer Team
The Companion
Punching the Air
Show Me a Sign
Land of the Cranes
Furia
Dragon Hoops
When Stars Are Scattered
Snapdragon
The Radium Girls: The Scary But True Story of the Poison That Made People Glow in the Dark
American as Paneer Pie
Tune It Out
The Gilded Ones
The Left-Handed Booksellers of London
Switch

Tuesday, May 12, 2015

RUN!!!!!!! ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE!

Yesterday I did a quick count as I raced from interviews to visit with people at the Smackdown Book Buy.  What I learned is never try to do math fast - especially when you'd rather be reading and let's face it, I would always rather be reading.

In the sober light of the morning I carefully recorded the votes and I'll Give You the Sun is our official winner with 15 votes, The Night Gardener is in second with 12 votes and The Nazi Hunters finish with 3. Don't be sad for The Night Gardener as Holly just tweeted details that it is being made into a movie - sounds like a possible Smackdown date night in the future!

There are people who didn't vote....ahem Holly....Spruce Avenue....Ellerslie. However democracy waits for no book and as Tristin pointed out in her great post:

 I hope my pick makes it through, but I'm more excited to get my books; put them onto the shelves of my classroom library; and hear my students give their own reviews of the books we've smacked this year.

That is the very point Arlene and I are trying to make with The Smackdown. We thank everyone who participated and welcome anyone who would like to join us next year for:

THE SIXTH SMACKDOWN....WE SEE GREAT BOOKS!

No comments:

Post a Comment