Smackdown Books 2021

Ordinary Hazards
We Dream of Space
If These Wings Could Fly
We Are Not Free
The King of Jam Sandwiches
All Thirteen: The Incredible Cave Rescue of the Thai Boys' Soccer Team
The Companion
Punching the Air
Show Me a Sign
Land of the Cranes
Furia
Dragon Hoops
When Stars Are Scattered
Snapdragon
The Radium Girls: The Scary But True Story of the Poison That Made People Glow in the Dark
American as Paneer Pie
Tune It Out
The Gilded Ones
The Left-Handed Booksellers of London
Switch

Monday, April 8, 2019

Smackdown the 9th - Fourth Round
Debbie Piasetsky - Alberta Ed
Norma Johnson - Sweet Grass
Vanessa LeCaine - Sweet Grass


Poet X                 Nevermoor
vs

Vanessa : I’m still reeling from the notion that 57 Bus got knocked out in the last round but I have not lost all my faith in humanity...yet. It’s round 4 and there has been a lot said about these 2 books and while I really liked Poet X, I’m staying true to Nevermoor. It was a richer story with greater appeal .. and I just liked it better. Lay the smack down if you disagree Norma. I liked Poet X. It would be a great addition to a junior high library. I can see how readers would find it easily accessible because of how it is written. However it does not hold a candle to Nevermoor. Nevermoor held my attention from the beginning, I wanted more when it ended, read the sequel when it became available and I am now re-reading Nevermoor. My vote is a strong YES to Nevermoor. Debbie :I loved both of these books as well...but if I have to choose (and I know...I do…) I choose Nevermoor. It made me laugh and I felt a connection to the story and to Morrigan from the very first page. I have recommended it to others and have bought it for my nieces.

So that's 3 for Nevermoor!!
   



No comments:

Post a Comment