Smackdown Books 2017

Arlene's smackdown17 book montage

The Memory of Things
Hour of the Bees
The Gospel Truth
Ultraman, Vol. 1
Ghost
The Bunker Diary
Echo
Trouble Is a Friend of Mine
Footer Davis Probably Is Crazy
The Hired Girl
An Ember in the Ashes
The Porcupine of Truth
Enchanted Air: Two Cultures, Two Wings: A Memoir
Drowned City: Hurricane Katrina and New Orleans
Goodbye Stranger
Beautiful Blue World
The Blackthorn Key
One
Updraft
All American Boys
»

Thursday, May 4, 2017

Where Andrew Finally Wins...


In the history of the Mighty Smackdown Andrew (an original participant) has been beaten down many a time for his opinions. Like those freaky clowns weighed down by sand who get punched and bounce back up, Andrew has been fighting the good fight for many years. One only has to scroll through the blog posts to see example after example of this.

Today, though, Andrew's blog post has broken the tie for me between Echo and Wolf by Wolf.  I am voting with Andrew because I love a book that keeps popping into your head long after you've read it regardless of your initial thoughts. Both these books stand apart from The War That Saved My Life which is third for me. This summer I will be reading the sequel to Wolf by Wolf and thinking of all my Smackdown colleagues - especially Bozo er... I mean Andrew.

No comments:

Post a Comment