Smackdown Books 2021

Ordinary Hazards
We Dream of Space
If These Wings Could Fly
We Are Not Free
The King of Jam Sandwiches
All Thirteen: The Incredible Cave Rescue of the Thai Boys' Soccer Team
The Companion
Punching the Air
Show Me a Sign
Land of the Cranes
Furia
Dragon Hoops
When Stars Are Scattered
Snapdragon
The Radium Girls: The Scary But True Story of the Poison That Made People Glow in the Dark
American as Paneer Pie
Tune It Out
The Gilded Ones
The Left-Handed Booksellers of London
Switch

Wednesday, May 3, 2017

And the winner is....

This feels like coming full circle as I cast my vote for the winner of this year's Mighty Smackdown.  I read Wolf by Wolf in the first round and I have to admit that it was for me a reluctant choice when it moved past the first round. Over the weeks there have been other books that I found easier to support and voted for those to move forward, but in the end it is Wolf by Wolf that gets the nod. Of all of the books that I have read in Smackdown this year, Wolf by Wolf is the one that keeps coming back into my thoughts as I make connections back to it over and over again. This is the book that most deserves to be in the hands of as many readers as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment