Smackdown Books 2021

Ordinary Hazards
We Dream of Space
If These Wings Could Fly
We Are Not Free
The King of Jam Sandwiches
All Thirteen: The Incredible Cave Rescue of the Thai Boys' Soccer Team
The Companion
Punching the Air
Show Me a Sign
Land of the Cranes
Furia
Dragon Hoops
When Stars Are Scattered
Snapdragon
The Radium Girls: The Scary But True Story of the Poison That Made People Glow in the Dark
American as Paneer Pie
Tune It Out
The Gilded Ones
The Left-Handed Booksellers of London
Switch

Thursday, May 5, 2016

Crossover at the buzzer

I have thought about where my vote would land for a while now and it falls on the side of Crossover.  I teach social studies all day and love a good historical read, but the Romanov's just didn't  capture my interest enough to become the one book to rule them all. Jellyfish was a much better read and actually pulled my zombie vote, but as much as I liked the story it seems too weird be the winner. (People we live in a land locked province, I can't really identify with the great jellyfish scare). Crossover I found accessible to a bigger audience or readers and the story is bigger than just a ball game. I truly believe that the best book of the 2015- 2016 Smackdown is Crossover.

No comments:

Post a Comment