Smackdown Books 2017

Arlene's smackdown17 book montage

The Memory of Things
Hour of the Bees
The Gospel Truth
Ultraman, Vol. 1
Ghost
The Bunker Diary
Echo
Trouble Is a Friend of Mine
Footer Davis Probably Is Crazy
The Hired Girl
An Ember in the Ashes
The Porcupine of Truth
Enchanted Air: Two Cultures, Two Wings: A Memoir
Drowned City: Hurricane Katrina and New Orleans
Goodbye Stranger
Beautiful Blue World
The Blackthorn Key
One
Updraft
All American Boys
»

Monday, May 11, 2015

A Garden full of Nights of Good Reading

My pick this year delights me for the appeal I feel it would have for the wide range of readers I teach.  It kept me up at night as leaves rustled outside my window and black pages stared me down from my bedside table.  It was creepy, exciting and full of twists and turns my students would enjoy.  Without hesitation I vote for The Night Gardener as my Mighty Smackdown pick.  My very strong honorable mention goes to Nazi Hunters.

No comments:

Post a Comment