Smackdown Books 2021

Ordinary Hazards
We Dream of Space
If These Wings Could Fly
We Are Not Free
The King of Jam Sandwiches
All Thirteen: The Incredible Cave Rescue of the Thai Boys' Soccer Team
The Companion
Punching the Air
Show Me a Sign
Land of the Cranes
Furia
Dragon Hoops
When Stars Are Scattered
Snapdragon
The Radium Girls: The Scary But True Story of the Poison That Made People Glow in the Dark
American as Paneer Pie
Tune It Out
The Gilded Ones
The Left-Handed Booksellers of London
Switch

Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Trying to think after Spring Break

I'll keep this short.  We Were Liars is my pick.  The family was horrible - I don't think every book should make you feel like you went to Disney (or else Disney would be like everywhere else). The fact that I could feel such a strong emotion is what drew me in. And I'll admit it, I did NOT see dead people until it was pointed out directly to me at the end.  Child-like innocence? Perhaps.  More likely, I skipped a critical page and didn't realize it but either way...it remains my choice! (she said proudly!) And I don't need to wait for my zombie pick because it's already out... I'll Give You the Sun.

No comments:

Post a Comment