Smackdown Books 2017

Arlene's smackdown17 book montage

The Memory of Things
Hour of the Bees
The Gospel Truth
Ultraman, Vol. 1
Ghost
The Bunker Diary
Echo
Trouble Is a Friend of Mine
Footer Davis Probably Is Crazy
The Hired Girl
An Ember in the Ashes
The Porcupine of Truth
Enchanted Air: Two Cultures, Two Wings: A Memoir
Drowned City: Hurricane Katrina and New Orleans
Goodbye Stranger
Beautiful Blue World
The Blackthorn Key
One
Updraft
All American Boys
»

Sunday, May 18, 2014

Hmm... this is tougher than I thought it would be

Can I just say that it's all been said?  Out of all the amazing books in the Smackdown this year, I feel that we do not have the top 3 to vote for.  However, rather than dwelling on those that should still be here (Eleanor & Park!  Forgive Me, Leonard Peacock!) I will say that each of the remaining three have something to offer readers, adult and youth alike.  That makes me happy.  And of the three remaining titles, I must go with The One and Only Ivan.  It's a heart vote.  While Bomb was interesting and Counting by 7s uplifting, Ivan is memorable.  That being said, do I think it will win?  Who knows at this point with so many votes left to be cast, but it would be cool to see the zombie pick take first place.

No comments:

Post a Comment