Smackdown Books 2021

Ordinary Hazards
We Dream of Space
If These Wings Could Fly
We Are Not Free
The King of Jam Sandwiches
All Thirteen: The Incredible Cave Rescue of the Thai Boys' Soccer Team
The Companion
Punching the Air
Show Me a Sign
Land of the Cranes
Furia
Dragon Hoops
When Stars Are Scattered
Snapdragon
The Radium Girls: The Scary But True Story of the Poison That Made People Glow in the Dark
American as Paneer Pie
Tune It Out
The Gilded Ones
The Left-Handed Booksellers of London
Switch

Monday, May 13, 2019

I Caught the Bus & Stayed On!


The final Smackdown round was easily the most difficult round to choose a winner. This was the first time that I didn’t know right away which book I was going to choose. I truly enjoyed all three books for different reasons. I could however, eliminate FAR FROM THE TREE quickly but both POET X and THE 57 BUS left me thinking about and wanting moreAlthough, I am a sucker for a book in verse, ultimately, my final vote goes to The 57 Bus

The 57 Bus is a book that marked me as a reader. I vaguely remember hearing something about the story in the news and the second I finished reading I felt the need to research. I needed to know what happened to these people. This is a story that has stayed with me and one I have shared with every relative and friend I have encountered since reading it.
Andrea Smith
ABM

No comments:

Post a Comment