Smackdown Books 2021

Ordinary Hazards
We Dream of Space
If These Wings Could Fly
We Are Not Free
The King of Jam Sandwiches
All Thirteen: The Incredible Cave Rescue of the Thai Boys' Soccer Team
The Companion
Punching the Air
Show Me a Sign
Land of the Cranes
Furia
Dragon Hoops
When Stars Are Scattered
Snapdragon
The Radium Girls: The Scary But True Story of the Poison That Made People Glow in the Dark
American as Paneer Pie
Tune It Out
The Gilded Ones
The Left-Handed Booksellers of London
Switch

Monday, March 4, 2019

Nevermoor vs Piecing Me Together



My vote this round goes to Nevermoor by Jessica Townsend.

I read Piecing Me Together by Renee Watson first and I really enjoyed the first half of it; however, I found the story started to take a bit of a twist that wasn't really going anywhere. It was a nice coming of age book for the main character but not comparable to Nevermoor in my opinion.

Nevermoor was exciting and oddly intriguing right from the get-go. It felt like some sort of a mash-up between The Hunger GamesHarry Potter and Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. The magic and mystery and wit was all very engaging. Morrigan Crow is a cursed child who is doomed to die at midnight on her 11th birthday. However, a stranger comes and whisks her away to a faraway place. I think my students would be a lot more interested in reading this book. It appeals to both girls and boys. This is the first of four books.


         Image result for nevermoor                                       Image result for piecing me together

No comments:

Post a Comment