Smackdown Books 2021

Ordinary Hazards
We Dream of Space
If These Wings Could Fly
We Are Not Free
The King of Jam Sandwiches
All Thirteen: The Incredible Cave Rescue of the Thai Boys' Soccer Team
The Companion
Punching the Air
Show Me a Sign
Land of the Cranes
Furia
Dragon Hoops
When Stars Are Scattered
Snapdragon
The Radium Girls: The Scary But True Story of the Poison That Made People Glow in the Dark
American as Paneer Pie
Tune It Out
The Gilded Ones
The Left-Handed Booksellers of London
Switch

Thursday, April 14, 2022

Banksy vs. Dragon Hoops

I liked both books this round, and I think I could recommend either to my students. My vote goes to Dragon Hoops this round, simply because I know it will be a popular choice with many students who don't like reading but like basketball. Right now I have two boys asking me for it every time they come in, when normally they just fake read during our independent reading time. Banksy is a better novel overall, but Dragon Hoops will be more popular with kids. 

No comments:

Post a Comment