Smackdown Books 2021

Ordinary Hazards
We Dream of Space
If These Wings Could Fly
We Are Not Free
The King of Jam Sandwiches
All Thirteen: The Incredible Cave Rescue of the Thai Boys' Soccer Team
The Companion
Punching the Air
Show Me a Sign
Land of the Cranes
Furia
Dragon Hoops
When Stars Are Scattered
Snapdragon
The Radium Girls: The Scary But True Story of the Poison That Made People Glow in the Dark
American as Paneer Pie
Tune It Out
The Gilded Ones
The Left-Handed Booksellers of London
Switch

Wednesday, February 26, 2020

Patron Saints of Nothing vs. We'll Fly Away

Although I enjoyed both books, ultimately I enjoyed Patron Saints of Nothing more. I felt it was a compelling story that intrigued me enough to do some research, both on who the author actually was and also what was really happening in the Philippines. I think many students can relate to the struggle of finding their own identity within the expectations of family traditions and being true to themselves. For that reason my vote goes to the Patron Saints of Nothing. 

ABM Final Votes- 8 Patron Saints of Nothing , 2 We'll Fly Away 

No comments:

Post a Comment