Smackdown Books 2021

Ordinary Hazards
We Dream of Space
If These Wings Could Fly
We Are Not Free
The King of Jam Sandwiches
All Thirteen: The Incredible Cave Rescue of the Thai Boys' Soccer Team
The Companion
Punching the Air
Show Me a Sign
Land of the Cranes
Furia
Dragon Hoops
When Stars Are Scattered
Snapdragon
The Radium Girls: The Scary But True Story of the Poison That Made People Glow in the Dark
American as Paneer Pie
Tune It Out
The Gilded Ones
The Left-Handed Booksellers of London
Switch

Tuesday, November 27, 2018

The History of Jane Doe vs. Obsessed


I wasn't a big fan of either of these two books for this round. However, having to choose one to move forward, my vote goes towards The History of Jane Doe. I was more interested in the storyline than I was with Obsessed. I felt that Obsessed kind of dragged on and I lost interest soon into the book. With that said, I do appreciate this author telling her story about dealing with mental illness. The thing that interested me about The History of Jane Doe was learning more about Jane and her story. I liked that it touched on teenagers dealing with mental illness but I found the teenagers' fascination with the town's history a bit unrealistic. My vote is for The History of Jane Doe.

Image result for the history of jane doe                                                  Image result for Obsessed (book)

No comments:

Post a Comment