Smackdown Books 2021

Ordinary Hazards
We Dream of Space
If These Wings Could Fly
We Are Not Free
The King of Jam Sandwiches
All Thirteen: The Incredible Cave Rescue of the Thai Boys' Soccer Team
The Companion
Punching the Air
Show Me a Sign
Land of the Cranes
Furia
Dragon Hoops
When Stars Are Scattered
Snapdragon
The Radium Girls: The Scary But True Story of the Poison That Made People Glow in the Dark
American as Paneer Pie
Tune It Out
The Gilded Ones
The Left-Handed Booksellers of London
Switch

Sunday, May 13, 2018

Final Round

Scythe vs Holding Up the Universe vs The Hate U Give

     


Well, this is going to be hard one for me.  Holding Up the Universe and the Hate U Give appeals to a slightly older audience than Scythe but......I really liked all of them, for entirely different reasons! Aaaahhh.  OK - I’m going to pick the book that had the most impact on me as a reader.  It really hit home and gave me an understanding of something I thought I had a handle on but clearly did not....my vote goes to the Hate U Give.  I can’t put it in my library my I’ll be recommending it to any age-appropriate kids/adults I can!
Vanessa

No comments:

Post a Comment