Smackdown Books 2017

Arlene's smackdown17 book montage

The Memory of Things
Hour of the Bees
The Gospel Truth
Ultraman, Vol. 1
Ghost
The Bunker Diary
Echo
Trouble Is a Friend of Mine
Footer Davis Probably Is Crazy
The Hired Girl
An Ember in the Ashes
The Porcupine of Truth
Enchanted Air: Two Cultures, Two Wings: A Memoir
Drowned City: Hurricane Katrina and New Orleans
Goodbye Stranger
Beautiful Blue World
The Blackthorn Key
One
Updraft
All American Boys
»

Sunday, May 10, 2015

Finalist is?

Well it is my first post and I am hoping this works.  Technology is not my friend.  We decided as our group of 3 that we could go with The Night Gardener, even with its flaws.  There were many moments of creepiness, and things that go bump in the night.  There were many unanswered questions about how did mom and dad end up in the disarray they did, how did the gardener end up with his lot in life?  Yet I still kept reading wanting more answers.  That is a sign I am liking what I am reading.  Nazi Hunters was fascinating, and the patience that was demonstrated through the story blew my mind.  Yet we would have to go with The Night Gardener as our final winner.

No comments:

Post a Comment