Smackdown Books 2021

Ordinary Hazards
We Dream of Space
If These Wings Could Fly
We Are Not Free
The King of Jam Sandwiches
All Thirteen: The Incredible Cave Rescue of the Thai Boys' Soccer Team
The Companion
Punching the Air
Show Me a Sign
Land of the Cranes
Furia
Dragon Hoops
When Stars Are Scattered
Snapdragon
The Radium Girls: The Scary But True Story of the Poison That Made People Glow in the Dark
American as Paneer Pie
Tune It Out
The Gilded Ones
The Left-Handed Booksellers of London
Switch

Monday, May 4, 2015





And My Winner Is...

Despite a valiant effort from the zombie novel, my final vote of the year goes to The Nazi Hunters.  I have been struggling all this year with YA books not knowing how to end a story, and I'll Give You the Sun was another victim of great intention lost to flawed construction.  The story became a teenaged The Young and the Restless by the end, with more coincidental overlapping story-lines than should ever be allowed beyond 4 pm in the afternoon.

I am not, nor will I ever be a great reader of non-fiction, but The Nazi Hunters, was still my favourite book out of the bunch. I have come across so many references to Eichmann this year through the films, television programs and novels I have been viewing/reading, and each time my mind went back to Bascomb's book, and what I learned because of his research.

Nazi Hunters: 3  All Other Picks: 0

Tracy

No comments:

Post a Comment