Smackdown Books 2017

Arlene's smackdown17 book montage

The Memory of Things
Hour of the Bees
The Gospel Truth
Ultraman, Vol. 1
Ghost
The Bunker Diary
Echo
Trouble Is a Friend of Mine
Footer Davis Probably Is Crazy
The Hired Girl
An Ember in the Ashes
The Porcupine of Truth
Enchanted Air: Two Cultures, Two Wings: A Memoir
Drowned City: Hurricane Katrina and New Orleans
Goodbye Stranger
Beautiful Blue World
The Blackthorn Key
One
Updraft
All American Boys
»

Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Liars vs Sister Mine

We are Liars was an overall good read.  Definitely in the vein of Drowning Ruth and other books about mysterious families, which I enjoy.  I love a good mystery about a family with money and a legacy and this one unfolds nicely.  Not a masterful read but a good one.  I particularly like the short stories about the king and his three daughters that held hidden meanings and themes.  Like someone else said, it was m'eh but I believe their was potential for fantastic.  I am happy we moved this one forward.

Sister mine was horrific and in all honestly I only needed about 3 chapters to know that.  This book was not worth my time to finish so I bailed.  I will admit I am a book bailer.  I will not finish a book just because.  The author needs to hook me in order to have my valuable time and this book failed miserably.

P.S-Super disappointed the I'll Give You the Sun didn't move on.  I was looking forward to reading that!

No comments:

Post a Comment