Smackdown Books 2017

Arlene's smackdown17 book montage

The Memory of Things
Hour of the Bees
The Gospel Truth
Ultraman, Vol. 1
Ghost
The Bunker Diary
Echo
Trouble Is a Friend of Mine
Footer Davis Probably Is Crazy
The Hired Girl
An Ember in the Ashes
The Porcupine of Truth
Enchanted Air: Two Cultures, Two Wings: A Memoir
Drowned City: Hurricane Katrina and New Orleans
Goodbye Stranger
Beautiful Blue World
The Blackthorn Key
One
Updraft
All American Boys
»

Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Bring Back Something Good!


I agree with everything Laura posted earlier. Wonder is cute. It's heartwarming. Kids like it. I like it. I didn't want to toss it aside and never pick it up again because it was so boring (Like School of Good and Evil). It deserves to be read by more people.

BUT... Forgive Me, Leonard Peacock completely captured me. I had to keep reading. I talked about it to a lot of people. It was different and interesting and exciting. I don't know if I'm ready to see it leave the competition yet. Of course, I'm not sure that it will be able to best Counting by 7s which I suspect will make it to the finals.

Either way - I recommend that people read these books.


1 comment:

  1. I agree with Forgive Me, LP - had trouble putting it down. The only part for me was I would have to police it more in my K-9 library. Still - folks should read.

    ReplyDelete