Smackdown Books 2017

Arlene's smackdown17 book montage

The Memory of Things
Hour of the Bees
The Gospel Truth
Ultraman, Vol. 1
Ghost
The Bunker Diary
Echo
Trouble Is a Friend of Mine
Footer Davis Probably Is Crazy
The Hired Girl
An Ember in the Ashes
The Porcupine of Truth
Enchanted Air: Two Cultures, Two Wings: A Memoir
Drowned City: Hurricane Katrina and New Orleans
Goodbye Stranger
Beautiful Blue World
The Blackthorn Key
One
Updraft
All American Boys
»

Monday, December 17, 2012

Dead Ends for a Dead Head

I feel bad for Andrew that he got snookered into writing the blog response for  the two of us for Blue Fish and Dead End.  We can all be grateful he did so, because all you would be getting from me are disjointed rambles interspersed with stretches of white space.  And he did summarize how I also felt about the two books - it wasn't really a big decision.  We picked the better from two mediocre novels.

So I hereby commit to upholding my share of the smackdownian responsibilities in round two, by not leaving a blog to the last minute, or foisting the writing onto my partner.  Swear on Shakespeare's grave.

Tracy Wright

No comments:

Post a Comment