Smackdown Books 2021

Ordinary Hazards
We Dream of Space
If These Wings Could Fly
We Are Not Free
The King of Jam Sandwiches
All Thirteen: The Incredible Cave Rescue of the Thai Boys' Soccer Team
The Companion
Punching the Air
Show Me a Sign
Land of the Cranes
Furia
Dragon Hoops
When Stars Are Scattered
Snapdragon
The Radium Girls: The Scary But True Story of the Poison That Made People Glow in the Dark
American as Paneer Pie
Tune It Out
The Gilded Ones
The Left-Handed Booksellers of London
Switch

Thursday, June 30, 2011

OK, I just have to say that we have to get past calling Nothing an adult book. Let's call it mature. I fully intend to place it in my box of choices for my Literature Kit unit for my IB 9's. It is a great choice for fulfilling my "international literature" component. Of course, I also offer Kite Runner and A Long Way Gone to the same students as choices (with a parent consent form).
It's not for every kid, but it is an amazing choice for some kids.
That said, I would not be sad to see Scrawl win. I also ordered multiple copies of that one for my grade eights.
(And I agree about When You Reach Me, too, since I ordered multiple copies for my grade sevens)

Happy summer to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment